Kroger shoppers can help Arthurdale Heritage with the swipe of a card! AHI is now registered in the Kroger Community Rewards program which donates funds to community schools and other nonprofit organizations. Take a few moments and register your account to support us with a swipe of a card!
1) Visit krogercommunityrewards.com to register your Kroger Plus account.
2) Select Arthurdale Heritage, Inc. (#87610) as the recipient of your Community Rewards.
Then, just shop Kroger! Every time your Kroger Plus Card is swiped, Arthurdale Heritage will receive a generous donation.
Note: You will still receive your Kroger Gas points so this is a win/win!
Mark your calendars! Saturday, May 4 is the Community Yard Sale. Drive through historic Arthurdale and stop by the many houses that will be selling all sorts of treasures.
Maps with the list of sellers will be available outside the Visitors Center at Arthurdale Center Hall that morning.
Sign up here to get listed on the map so shoppers will know where you are.
Museum & Craft Shop Opening Weekend
The weekend of May 4 also marks the beginning of the summer tourist season, which means the New Deal Homestead Museum and Craft Shop will be open on Saturdays and Sundays.
Brush up on your Arthurdale history with a museum tour and check out the beautiful handmade crafts made by West Virginia artisans in the Craft Shop.
Tuesdays – Saturdays: 11 – 3
Sundays: 12 – 4
Community Yard Sale Map
The Arthurdale Community Yard Sale will be held on Saturday, May 5. Maps of the Preston County historic community will be available at the Arthurdale Heritage office along Rt. 92 during the day.
Sign Up to Participate
Hosted By: MountainPath Properties, LLC and Arthurdale Heritage
Saturday, October 29 – 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Arthurdale Â Heritage Center Hall
FREE Â ADMISSION
- Ghost Stories
- Coloring Sheets
Starts at 6:00PM
- Under 5
- Grades K-2
- Grade 3-5
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12
The Arthurdale Community Yard Sale will be held on May 14 from 8 am â€“ 2 pm. Maps of the Preston County historic community will be available at the Arthurdale Heritage offices along Rt. 92 during the day.
For a list of participating houses (or to sign up to participate) visit: http://www.arthurdaleheritage.org/community/yardsale/
ARTHURDALE FARM STAND
SATURDAY, JULY 17TH, 11 AM-3 PM
BeÂ A Locavore
Support Your Local Farmer
COMING THIS WEEK:
- Farm fresh eggs
- New Day Bakery Breads:Â Rustic Italian, Seven Grain,
- 3 cheese stuffed Ciabatta and more
- Tathams Farms: Red Raspberries, cucumbers, more
- Local produce: zuchinni, summer squash, tomatoes, corn, leaf lettuce, peppers
- All natural Preserves:Â home-made wine vinegar, wine vinegar starter (mother) sauterne (wine) lemon jelly, freezer jams
- Herbs, Spices:Â herbs in bouquets, herb dinner rolls, spice rubs
- Homemade Pastries:Â jelly-filled pastries, chocolate and berry muffins, pepperoni rolls
- Cut flower bouquets
- Fire Fly farms goat cheese upon request Continue Reading
Arthurdale Heritage Offers Free Admission on
Smithsonian Magazineâ€™s 5th Annual Museum Day
–Museum Day 2009 Poised to be Largest to Date– Continue Reading
Arthurdale Heritage needs weekend tour guides for Saturdays and Sundays (12-4).Â Â We will be having a tour guide training session Saturday,Â 29 Aug.Â at 11am.Â Â Please meet in the Center Hall.
Being a tour guide is fun and enables you to meet some very interesting people.Â Â Last week,Â we had visitors from as far away as the Ukraine.Â Â Another tour guide met a woman who served as a Peace Corp volunteer in Bosnia during the 1992-95 war!
If you’d like to see what it is like to be a tour guide, please come to the training session this Saturday.Â Â Email for more info:Â email@example.com
Help Arthurdale Heritage do more to help others understand the value of this historic preservation project and to have fun at community events through:
- serving as a summer tour guide on weekend days (we’ll gladly train you)
- assisting with periodic fundraising dinners in a variety of ways
- becoming a member of our working committees
- serving on the event staff for WVU football and basketball games as part of the Arthurdale group
- providing office staff support for ongoing projects
Call the Arthurdale Heritage office at 304-864-3959 Tuesday through Friday, noon to 4 p.m., and we’ll be happy to discuss your interest in lending a helping hand.
On Valentine’s Day,Â we’ll be hosting a 1940’s style dance; complete with Swing music from the Big Band era!Â Â Join the fun!Â Â There will be dance contests and prizes for best costume. Continue Reading
UPDATE (1/18/2009) – Follow Darlene’s posts about the Inauguration on the new Arthurdale Heritage Blog: http://blog.arthurdaleheritage.org.
You can also follow her on Twitter.
From WBOY TV,Â Friday, 16 January:
ARTHURDALE — Arthurdale was the nation’s first New Deal Homestead Community established by former First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt during the Great Depression.Â Continue Reading