Posted by alisha.myers on
December 4, 2012
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Festival of Trees Friday evening and Saturday! We had a wonderful time hosting everyone in the museum. If you have ideas for next year, let us know. WBOY has this report about the event on their website.
Arthurdale Heritage Hosts Festival of Trees Weekend
Winning guess for number of candy in clear bucket is Laura Rye!
The winner of the 1930s reproduction quilt is Joyce Hileman!
Winning Bidders for the silent auction items:
- Wreath w Santa Valley Pharmacy – Mary Smith
- Fresh Greens Swag donated by Kathryn Burton – Beth Stone
- Fresh Greens Swag donated by Tathams – Trellis
- Snow & Ice Tree donated by Jeanne Goodman – Carol Myers
- Wreath w Cones & Bird donated by MVB Bank – Kerry Fasouletos
- Wax Nativity donated by Deb Miller – Rick Remish
- Vintage Ornament Tree donated by Darlene Bolyard – Rhonda Braham
- Lottery Tree donated by WV Lottery/Garden Creations – Helene Headley
- DQ Treats Wreath donated by Reedsville Dairy Queen – Marcia Hughes
- Wreath w Santa Head donated by Mane Tamer – Bev Zeigler
- Mountaineer Tree donated by MountainPath Properties – Janet Robinson
- 3 Wreath Santa donated by Browns Mill LP Service – Judy Harder
- Red Berry Wreath donated by Dee Hayes – Judy Harder
- Square Wreath donated by Clear Mountain Bank – Sarah McLaughlin
- Quilt ornament tree donated by Homestead Quilt Guild – Marcia Hughes
- Small Berry Wreath donated by Deb Miller – Janet Cherry
- Dried Wreath donated by Alisha Myers – Janet Robinson
- Harley Davidson tree donated by Marilee Hall – Heidi Gidley
- Candy tree donated by Affordable Signs Unlimited – Lorraine Weaver
- Angel Wreath donated by Marilee Hall – Donna Harris
- Bow & Cones Swag donated by Louise Myers/Karen Tustin – Irene Durr
- Fresh Greens Wreath donated by Garden Creations – Carol Myers
- Red Ribbon Wreath donated by Hospice Care Corp. – Darlene Bolyard
- Eleanor Wreath donated by Jeanne Goodman – Jeanne Goodman
- Snowman Basket donated by Lorraine Weaver – Joe & Mary Wolfe
- Cloth Ornament Tree donated by Kathryn Burton – Darlene Bolyard
We appreciate your support of historic Arthurdale!
Posted by Sarah Barnes on
November 28, 2012
Posted by alisha.myers on
November 16, 2011
Arthurdale Heritage is inviting the public and local businesses to participate in a three-day holiday fundraising event. The Arthurdale Festival of Trees will feature fully decorated trees and wreaths donated by friends, supporters, and businesses. The trees, wreaths, and a beautiful handmade quilt made by the Arthurdale Homestead Quilters will be raffled just in time for the holiday season.
The Arthurdale Craft Shop will also be open for the holidays and children can sit down and write a letter to Santa with some help from his elves.
Arthurdale Heritage will provide trees for donors to decorate and volunteers will be available to assist with decorating. Set up and decoration of the trees will take place November 29-December 1 in the Arthurdale Forge and other museum buildings. Bidding will start on December 2 with a reception and tree showcase from 5-7 p.m. The bidding will continue on December 3 from 12-4 p.m. Refreshments will be offered during the event. Admission is free, donations appreciated.
On Sunday December 4, the Festival will continue with the craft shop open house, horse-drawn wagon rides, letters to Santa, and holiday family photos by Steven Marra.
Those interested in participating are encouraged to contact Arthurdale Heritage at 304-864-3959 or register online at arthurdaleheritage.org.