When spring arrives, weâ€™ll have Second Saturday happenings beginning in May to celebrate this historic birthday.
When homesteaders moved in during 1934, all arrived with great excitement. It was a second chance at life in a place like no other where they had lived.
Second Saturday events include:
- May 10 â€“Gardening with the Kingwood Master Gardeners
- June 14 â€“ Dave Conley, Homer Laughlin historian, talking about Fiesta Ware
- July 12 â€“ New Deal Festival adds a new exhibit on the Hodgson style houses
- August 9 â€“ Ice Cream Social with stories about going to school in early Arthurdale
- September 13 â€“ Visit and learn about our new Hodgson house E-2
- October 11 â€“ Eleanorâ€™s Birthday party with period music
Stay tuned for more details and updates.
We invite you to be a part of this special year. Mark your calendars!